Do you have a problem of flu? Are you scared now because the winter is right at the corner and you are too sensitive to catch flu? Are you looking for health tips on avoiding flu virus?
If this is your concern, you’re at the right place to find the best answers. Refer to the following tips given by top physicians, pharmacists, medical surgeons and doctors who also try these methods on themselves.
- Wash Your Hands
According to the doctors, unclean hands are one of the major reasons why flu spreads so quickly among people. This is why Fairway Lackner Pharmacy recommends washing hands regularly throughout the day. Here are some important tips in this regard:
- Wash your hands 30 to 40 times a day
- Wash your hands using sanitizer before and after doing something
- Wash your hands before attending to your baby
- Wash your hands with warm water
- Be patient. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Use paper towel instead of cloth. It’ll dry your hands completely
- Keep All Surfaces Clean
Viruses are present in large number, on table tops, computer keyboards, telephones, pens, doorknobs, credit cards, key chains and more. The only way to prevent went from entering their body is to clean these surfaces before using them. Follow these tips:
- Use cleansers whenever you doubt that these surfaces are exposed to viruses
- Use antiseptic wipes to clean your keyboards, desktop, telephones and cell phones
- Clean your tools every day
- Improve Your Immunity Against Flu
Once they enter the body, your immunity system is up against these viruses. It depends upon your body’s potential how quickly it consumes these viruses out of the body. So, you need to work on exercises to improve your immunity system against viruses. Here Kitchener pharmacies recommend following exercises:
- Jog around the block two to three times a week. It will help your body release negative radicals in the form of sweat. A 20 – 30 minute cardio exercise is also good for health.
- Try to increase your heart pumping rate. It will generate fresh blood and reduces the chances of getting infections
- Don’t work out or jog if you have a temperature over 100 degrees
- Take Herbal Medicines
Herbal medicines can do wonders. They are tailor made to eradicate germs, bacteria and viruses out of your body very quickly. Here are few tips:
- Goldenseal and Echinacea boost your immune system against microbes
- Green tea cleanses your blood and helps sweating
- Ginger increases your body temperature due to which viruses become ineffective and eventually leave the body.
- You can take zinc lozenge to prevent cold and flu
However, try not to use these herbs too regularly, because they can cause dry mouth or upset stomach.
- Flu Shots
You can take flu shots from any pharmacy in Kitchener and prevent symptoms of flu. If you take the shot prior to the season change, you will stay protected throughout the winter.