So far, the results of HBOT has been exemplary. Other than normal pains and diseases, HBOT has shown remarkable results in treating these chronic issues.
- Childhood Conditions
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) may be an effective treatment for childhood conditions like Cerebral Palsy (CP), Autism and Epilepsy.
SPECT scans show areas of low perfusion, or oxygen utilization in the brain. After a series of treatments this perfusion is often greatly improved, along with the condition being treated.
Over a course of treatments HBOT can enhance development of the brain in children by producing growth factors such as VEGF (Vascular endothelial growth factor), serotonin etc. The maturational changes in the brain and spinal cord do not linearly proceed from immature in infants to mature in adults. Dendrites dynamically extend or retract as growth factors fluctuate.
HBOT helps reduce seizures in epileptics, increase mobility in CP children and improve behavior and cognition in autistic children.
So, if you or your child has any such condition, you can consult with HBOT technician. If you’re looking for a system, contactUnder Pressure Inc. and get the right assistance. The company offers hyperbaric oxygen tanks in Mississauga.
- Aging and Wellness
Adults suffering from conditions such as stroke, diabetes, traumatic brain injury and Alzheimer’s like dementia related to vascular problems also benefit. HBOT helps improve circulation, reduces swelling, and enhances and balances the body’s immunity and production of growth factors. Improvements in brain perfusion are often seen on SPECT scans.
As we get older our mitochondria function less efficiently and create more free radicals. Species whose mitochondria produce the fewest free radicals tend to live the longest. HBOT can help the mitochondria burn food more efficiently. HBOT also helps the cells produce beneficial heat shock proteins.
One of the factors that contributes to longevity is having lungs and a circulatory system that can easily distribute oxygen to the tissues. As people grow older, their ability to absorb oxygen gradually decreases.
Conditions like arthritis, memory loss, bone loss, macular degeneration, heart problems, strokes, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure begin affecting their quality of life. By using HBOT it is possible to periodically restore oxygen levels in the tissues to youthful levels.
In countries like Canada, HBOT is used for health maintenance by seniors and health conscious individuals. In fact, there has been significant improvement among elderly who have tried hyperbaric oxygen treatments in Mississauga.
- Chronic Pain, Tissue Injuries and Wounds
At higher pressures, 2 atmospheres and above, HBOT is helpful for conditions like chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS), sports injuries, Crohn’s disease, non healing wounds, severe burns, radiation damage from cancer treatment, diabetic ulcers, severe infections, carbon monoxide poisoning and so on.
- Reduce swelling or edema.
- Reduce reperfusion injury, an immune response to tissues damaged by a lack of oxygen.
- Enhance collagen formation for wound repair.
- Enhance osteoclast/osteoblast activity for bone healing.
- Increasethe micro-circulation for long term increase in nutrient and oxygen delivery to tissues, as well as metabolic waste removal.
- Enhance white blood cell activity to prevent and heal infections.
- Assist certain antibiotics to destroy bacteria.
- Help fight fungal infections.
- Help mitochondria recover from poisons like carbon monoxide. HBO2 enables the mitochondria to use alternate pathways to produce energy or ATP.
- Help the liver with detoxification.
- Assist peripheral nerve growth.